Thursday, October 9, 2008

Things going on

Okay, so for the past few weeks we have been doctoring with Rylan on his acid reflux. We had an upper GI done on him at Children's I think a week ago (days are running all together) then started on meds, and still spitting up purple black stuff with really thick spit ups. Then he has come down with a rash... so here is the latest update on Mr. Rylan.
I've been really frustrated with all that is going on so don't think I am a big drunk with me wanting to drink a few beers tonight. :) It was a long day at work with nothing going right... anyway, here is the update!
Okay, so here is the scoop with Rylan.
We are taking him off the Prevased and she wanted to take him off the Carafate but I did NOT want to do that because then he will really be spitting up. So, Monday we will re-evaluate. He can’t be on that much longer so Monday will more than likely be the last of that and she is hoping for the last day of all meds…. We may put him on something else but she wanted me to increase his solids and she thinks that doing that will help him from spitting up. So, full feed for him 3 times a day… and breastfeeding as well. WATCH OUT… WATCH HIM GROW! She thinks that the rash is just something that he got… she doesn’t think it is from the Prevased. Not sure if it the exzema all over or what. She said that it could be just from switching him on all new lotions, soaps, and everything. So, she is prescribing him some lotion with a steroid in it. Once a day with that lotion and hopefully it will clear up fairly quickly. She didn’t want to put him on anything but needs this to settle down so hopefully by Monday he will be a normal cute little baby again. AND hopefully this weekend we can get his 6 month pictures taken. I would also like to get a family picture done but it all depends on how he is. PRAY PRAY PRAY!
I was getting very frustrated today with many things going on. I honestly got up from my desk went to the warehouse to check on something and to just get away from my desk, said a little prayer and things just magically got better. HONEST! Prayer really does work. There is a reason things happen…
Have a good afternoon & evening.. I still will be having a few nice red beverages tonight though.
Tonight I put the lotion on him and oh my! He looks like a grease monkey. It's pretty cute he looks like a little kid going on a first date with his hair all slicked back and smile from ear to ear. That is exactly what he looked like. Never knew the kid was not feeling well besides him just itching like crazy.
I'm excited to post some cute pictures after the weekend. My sister Rhiannon, her two boys, Rylan and I are going to a Pumpkin Patch in Lincoln on Saturday and I really can't wait. I feel like a little kid all over again. Rylan probably won't totally enjoy it but it is exciting we get to do these fun things again. :)
Good Night all,
Andrea

No comments: