Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ham or Processed Ham

Okay, so I am trying to be a good wife, Mommy and to do that requires a little scheduling and trying of new things. Tonight we did just that. :) I have taken advice from my sister that it is easy to plan out the weeks meals so then when you get home from work you can enjoy your time with your family and not have to worry about what to fix for dinner. So, when it was just Jeremy and I it never seemed to work.... maybe it was a lack of actually looking in cookbooks and figuring out what to fix. Not sure. Anyway, this Sunday I planned out this weeks meals (dinners), went to the store and got what I needed. Last night was Chicken Stir Fry... I go the easy way and buy the packet of veggies... easier. Tonight was Root Beer Ham. Next night something else so on and so forth. I can't tell you how excited I was about making this ham. Last night was something we have had before but tonight I was excited because I really so badly wanted to impress Jeremy by showing him that I can do something and do it well. Well, I failed!... and got the TOLD YOU SO comment. I deserved it. :) So, I went to the store on Sunday got a ham. I have no clue what kind of Ham to get. Everyone that I tried to call while in the store weren't home and I couldn't get ahold of them. So, I thought I would use my best judgement (scary yes I know... last time I will do that!) and pick the farmland kind. It was perfect I was suppose to get a 5 lbs ham and root beer. Not too hard, I didn't think. I guess at Thanksgiving and other Holiday's I need to pay a little more attention. This was a PROCESSED ham not a 'good' ham. Jeremy warned me that this was a 'processed' ham and it wouldn't be any good or maybe that it wasn't what I was thinking. I was not about ready to take the ham back to Hy-Vee to get a 'HAM HAM' so I made it anyway. What is the difference? No matter how many times Jeremy TRIED to explain it to me I still couldn't figure it out. I guess I just don't understand... now I do. So, anyway after much debate today on what to do I made it anyway and was very proud of it when I came home. It smelled so nice. I took a bite out of it to just taste it and I thought...hmmm I think I did a good job. I was bragging to Jeremy like I always do when I think I actually made something good. I was still a little unsure but didn't want him to know that. So, I made it with bread and I was eating eating eating... then finally admitted Jeremy I think it isn't the greatest. So, once again I had to tell him he was right. He let me know that I had a lot of ham to eat up... and I was thinking to myself What am I going to do with this because it isn't very good?!!! So, like his awesome Mother said... just dice it up in cubes and put it in an egg casserole... that kind of ham is good in those. So, next time we have visitors... guess what you get? If I remember that is. It is good just not what I wanted. :)
So, next time you are wanting to make a ham remember to get the ham behind the meat counter with the bone in it. It will be better.
That's all for now... off to bed!
Good Night!
Andrea
Not sure if you know this but we absolutely LOVE OUR HOME!

No comments: