Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fun Labor Day!!

We had a great labor day. We went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house to swim in the pool. Rylan loves the pool and with a full day of sun he did amazing and the spf 50 worked well. Although, it worked well on him, I am a bit red. Oh well such is life! I need some sort of color. Perferably brown but I guess red will work too. :) We had a great time playing volleyball, going down the slide, and jumping off the board. I think the volleyball was the biggest hit!
After we were out in the sun all day we went home Rylan took a nap and hung out with Dad I went back down to the hospital to see how Kenner is doing. They took the vent out and didn't put him on any meds so I wanted to see how he was doing. Rhiannon was and still is on cloud 9 because she can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Kenner is doing well... still pretty out of it but I think that is to be expected. I got to sit with him for a brief time while Rhiannon and Craig went to grab a bit to eat and mom went somewhere. I asked him if I could sing him 5 little monkeys.... he slowly shook his head yes. So, I sang it to him about 5 times... I had a little monkey to act with. It was fun and I think Kenner enjoyed it. :) I can't wait until he can do it and be feeling better soon. :) I think from all he's been thru he looks AMAZING! Keep fighting Kenner! Keep checking the progress on him by visiting Rhiannon's blog at www.svitakfamily.blogspot.com . The exciting news about today is that they get to move to the 5th floor. It isn't the PICU anymore. :) Rhiannon has met a lot of neat people in PICU including a gal that is trying to decide if they want to relocate to St. Louis to wait for a heart transplant. Keep praying for that family. They already reloacted once to be closer to Omaha's Children's Hospital. So, now she will meet many new friends and hopefully Kenner won't be as scared up there.
Thanks for your continued prayers... keep praying!
Have a great day!
Andrea

1 comment:

NUSLP said...

Thanks Annie! You will love yourself and Rylan will too for writing on this blog!

Love you!
Rhiannon