Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Doctor Visit

It's been yet another busy week for me/us. Sunday night we had our Bank Christmas Party. On Monday morning I had my doctor visit so we were going to head up on Sunday night but it just didn't happen. It was my decision on weather we should go or not. I was thinking that it was 9 already and by the time we got our car packed and ready to go we wouldn't have gotten any sleep. So, because sleep is VERY important to me I voted to go in the morning. Which would mean Andrea would need to get up at 5:30 to make it to my 9:20 appointment. So, we did. Jeremy drove and I didn't even sleep on the way up.
My doctor appointment went well. I drank my lovely orange stuff (it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... just hard to drink in 5 minutes) with the help of Jeremy reminding me to drink it. I got in right on time or even a little before my appointment. While in the appointment I was sorta freaking out... but trying to stay calm. I told Jeremy that I kinda freak out when they have to take my blood. So, just thought I would warn him in advance. While looking away it was an easy process and the only thing I did was look over at Jeremy one time and he was totally look at the needle and the filling of the tube. YUCK! So, I just kept to myself and looked away. Totally didn't want to pass out! I didn't and I was pretty good meaning I didn't freak out as much as I normally do. Maybe Jeremy just needs to be with me ALL THE TIME!
We talked to my doctor a bit just about how things are progressing and what the plan of action for the next few months would be. **I had so many more questions....but I now go back every two weeks so I can ask them at my next appointment. Everyone that I had talked with doesn't go back for the two week appointment until the last month. I was a little worried but talked with my sister in laws sister whom also doctors with my doctor and she just said that that is how our doctor likes to do it. So, every two weeks I will be headed up to Omaha. AUH, how it would be so much nicer if I was already moved there! SUCH IS LIFE! So, other than being a little bummed about going every two weeks the appointment went well. The baby is measuring normal and things seem to be going well. I totally love my doctor. She's very personable and I feel like I can ask all the questions I need. Although some of them are pretty stupid but we all get a laugh. What the heck at least I am making everyone smile. :)
Then after the appointment we went to Babies R Us looked at a few things went back to unpack Jeremy, to lunch, then headed back to Hebron to unload some stuff from the car then packed my bag for a trip to Holdrege for my Great Aunt's Funeral. AUH, too much driving in the car for my back in one day... but I wouldn't have missed it for anything. For those of you that don't know she just celebrated her 80th Birthday and then passed away last .... Thursday I believe. I could be wrong about that. So anyway, please keep my Grandpa and his family in your prayers. She was 80 and lived a VERY successful and happy life so you can't be upset about that. It's just hard to imagine life without her. The sad but great thing about funeral's is you get to see people that we don't get to see much. My Dad's cousin from North Carolina and London came back for the funeral so it was great to get to know them more. Plus, my aunt and uncle from Utah and Phoenix also came back. It's great seeing everyone just stinks for sad occasions. :)
Well before this gets much longer I better end it. It now is snowing and blowing and it would be great to get work called off (you know kinda like when they call off school) I am afraid that will never happen. I can keep dreaming though. :) Stay warm!
Love to all!

No comments: