Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another Doctor Appointment

Hello All, - This was suppose to be posted yesterday..... blogger wasn't working so here it is!.....
I had another doctor appointment today. I was set and ready to go for my 11:25 appointment when I got a phone call from the doctor's office saying "Dr. is sick do you want to reschedule for later on this week or would you like to see Dr. Mark?" I said well considering I have to pretty much take a full day off of work I better just go with another doctor. I was just a little concerned because it was a male and I don't USUALLY like going to a male doctor for girl stuff. Not a problem this time. THANK THE LORD! We chatted for awhile and he was amazed that I drive 2 hours to go to the doctor and he also knows someone from Heb. I had to explain the story to him why I drive 2 hours and he then could understand. I was impressed he knew where I lived! Usually when I tell people where I am from they have no clue where it is. Anyway, the appointment went well. I asked if the baby is still measuring fine and he said that you compare the number of weeks you are and you should be around plus or minus two ... that is normal. So, I was -2. I said uh... I am a little concerned about that. He said don't be worried because that is why we give or take 2 because it can flucuate on where I measure. He said not to worry. I guess the positive to that is I am not going to have a huge baby! Then I apologized because I haven't been feeling well (another sore throat). When I went in I was really cold then right before he came in I was sweating bullets. LITERALLY. It was rather embarressing. So, I said I haven't been feeling well and you can probably tell with how hot I am. He's like yeah I can tell you are running a fever let's check your throat out. So, he looked at my throat and noticed something a little different than just a sore throat... he was like well let's just take a Streap Test! NOT WHAT I WANTED AT ALL! However, if I did get that then I would actually be able to have an antibiotic. It came back negative but now need to get over what I have. It could turn into a sinus infection and it could be just a nasty cold. So, I talked with a nurse (after the fact) on what I can take... so hopefully I will get over this before it gets too much worse. It just wears me out! Okay, so then after the appointment I wanted to book my other appointments so I could make sure Jeremy got to go with me. (Yes, he tries to go to every appointment!... it's that awesome?!) So, away I scheduled the appointments and it came down to the last week appointment. Monday April 7th.... I said can we just do the same time? The lady at the desk said.... Andrea Dr. is not going to be in that day. I said okay what about the 8th. She said actually she is going to be gone that whole week. I looked at the lady with probably a horrible look on my face and said uh!.... she(the lady at the desk) said it will be just fine. If you don't go before she will just induce you before then. GREAT! Lucky me! BUT I do not want to go with a male doctor! So, I guess we can all plan to have Baby Richardson a few days early! Not sure what my feelings are on that just yet. I will just have to give my doctor a hard time but also see what the plans are. On my way home I had my first experience of pulling over and puking. YEAH this has NEVER happened before. But it was either pulling over and puking outside or puke in my car! I opted to pull over. After that I just felt really dizzy and just really consentrated on staying on the road and making it home. I did fine and I didn't have too much further to drive so I was fine. Just weird. Maybe it was Arby sandwich I had. At any rate, I probably won't be eating there anytime soon. Or maybe it is just heart ache from leaving Jeremy once again this morning! It will get better. I came home and rested and then now up and doing a few things here at home. Just taking it easy! Sorry Jenna for not making it to the game. I do feel horrible about not going!Hopefully you all are able to enjoy this wonderful weather we are having. Well yesterday and today it was in the 50's! Too bad there was snow still on the ground otherwise it would have been nice to go to the park or something. Have a great evening and rest of the week.
Love to all!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Pictures!!! I want pictures!!!

Astraea said...

My doctor left to go skiing WHILE I WAS IN LABOR WITH TRE!!! Three male doctors delivered my kids. Trust me, YOU WON'T CARE if a male has to deliver the baby. You'll just be happy that someone is going to GET IT OUT!

Astraea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AK!!! We love you. :)

Bruce and Deb said...

I want to see some pictures also!!!
Just hate it that we can't see you more often. Take care!